LIFE & LEGACY ORGANIZATIONS
LIFE & LEGACY™ is a partnership between the Flint Federation and the Harold Grinspoon Foundation and is a collaborative effort of the following area agencies and synagogues:
For more information on LIFE & LEGACY contact
Executive Director of the Flint Federation
or any of the listed organizations.
“As my parents planted for me before I was born, so do I plant for those who will come after me.” —TALMUD
- Flint Jewish Federation
- Congregation Beth Israel
- Temple Beth El
- Machpelah Cemetery
- Chabad of Eastern Michigan
- FJF d/b/a Jewish Community Services
How Will You Assure Jewish Tomorrows?
By leaving a legacy today!
“As my parents planted for me before
I was born, so do I plant for those who
will come after me.” —TALMUD
HOW DO I BEGIN?
1. Reflect on your Jewish passions.
2. Contact one of the participating organizations.
3. Have a conversation with a Legacy Team Member.
4. Fill out a Letter of Intent form.
5. Formalize your commitment by having a
conversation with your personal financial
advisor or Steven Low, at the Flint Jewish
• The simplest method of leaving a legacy is
through a will or trust.
• Or by adding (or changing) a beneficiary
designation on a retirement fund or life
• Your legacy commitment can be a percentage
or a specific dollar amount.
• You can establish an endowment with a
contribution now or at the time your gift
• Some gifts can be structured to increase your
WHAT IS LIFE & LEGACY?
LIFE & LEGACY is a partnership of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation (HGF) and the Flint Jewish Federation that promotes after-lifetime giving to benefit local Jewish day schools, synagogues, social service organizations and other Jewish entities. Through training, support and monetary incentives LIFE & LEGACY motivates Jewish organizations to integrate legacy giving into their philanthropic culture in order to assure Jewish tomorrows.
WHY LIFE & LEGACY?
• To cultivate a culture of legacy giving.
• To foster camaraderie and respect among
• To give generous and forward-thinking
members of the Jewish community an
opportunity to express their passion,
purpose and commitment to the future
of the community’s most valued
In one way or another your life is rooted in Jewish experiences connecting you to the Jewish community. Chances are you already support Jewish charitable organizations in (community), but have you included these organizations in your will or estate plan? By leaving a legacy, you can assure that the traditions and institutions that mean so much to you today will exist for future generations.
By making a legacy commitment you can:
• Convey your commitment to
• Express values instilled in you by your
parents and grandparents.
• Perpetuate the Jewish traditions
• Preserve the programs and organizations
that support Jewish life in (community).
By making your legacy commitment now, or sharing with the community that you have already done so, those organizations to whom you make a legacy commitment have the opportunity to secure a $5000 incentive grant.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
All of us, regardless of age, wealth or affiliation,
have the ability to leave a legacy.
Your legacy gift of any size can be customized and structured to fit your dreams, lifestyle, family and financial needs. You can provide support for a particular organization or area of interest.
Leaving a legacy is simple. Some options include:
• Gift in a will or trust
• Gift of life insurance
• Gift of retirement funds
• Gift of cash or assets
• Charitable Gift Annuity
• Charitable Remainder Trust
Please consult your professional adviser or Steven Low, Executive Director of the Flint Federation at 810 767-5922 or email@example.com to determine which method of legacy giving is best for you.
“Wealth may last a lifetime. A
legacy of good deeds lasts forever.”