At the Art of Achievement Awards event, Gary Hurand was given by William S. White the C.S. Mott Award, one of four individual awards for “exemplary community leadership”. This was the fourth year for the Art of Achievement Awards event by the Flint and Genesee Chamber of Commerce and its Convention and Visitors Bureau held at the Flint Institute of Art on November 9th. The 19 awards are community awards for business excellence , civic-minded and customer-driven given to individuals and organizations. The Art Hurand Award, another exemplary leadership awards was given to Mark Braun of Mr. B’s Joybox Express. Hurand is a past president of the Flint Jewish Federation, owner of Management Diversified, Inc. and son of Art Hurand.
- Is there an unprecedented build-up of US naval power in the Middle East?
- Hamas arrests Gaza comedian who protested economic hardship
- Sri Lanka deaths hit 359, U.S. envoy confirms foreign groups responsible
- Rumors seek to drive U.S. and Iran into conflict in eastern Syria
- 80 groups call on UMass to rescind sponsorship for anti-Israel campus event
- Chabad emissaries in Nairobi attacked and beaten in violent robbery
- Greenblatt to NYT: Hamas has been driving Gazans into lives of misery
- Lebanon ready to demarcate maritime border with Israel under UN supervision
- Iran's Supreme Leader says U.S. sanctions won't work
- MKs call on Israel to recognize Armenian Genocide